A fellow beauty blogger posted these questions and challenged others to answer the following questions about skincare routine. I took the challenge and answered these questions. What is your routine?
1) How many times do you wash your face daily?
At least once per day. I use eye cloths to remove eye make up. If I’m really tired but too lazy to wash, I’ll use the eye cloths for face wash. I never go to bed with eye make up on! My dermatologist says that will age your face 17 days!
2) What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
Depends on season, oily in summer, dry in winter.
3) What is your current facial wash?
Rodan and Fields. Currently using Redefine cleansing mask, but Reverse deep exfoliating wash did wonders to even out my skin tone and lighten dark spots.
4) Do you exfoliate?
Absolutely, usually daily. Once per week, I use a home dermabrasion tool. It has made a huge difference in my appearance.
5) What brand do you use?
Rodan + Fields
6) What moisturizer do you use?
My AM cream is Redefine triple defense treatment with SPF 30. My PM cream is Overnight Restorative Cream
7) Do you have freckles?
8) Do you use eye cream?
9) Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Yes in my teens. Rarely as adult, but it happens.
10) Did you ever have to use Proactiv?
11) What foundation do you use?
12) How about concealer?
Still use it sometimes, Revlon
13) Do you know your undertone color?
14) What do you think of fake eyelashes?
Too much trouble
15) Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes, and I try to change up. I don’t want to chance getting an eye infection.
16) What brand of mascara do you use?
Mary Kay is the last one I bought
17) Sephora or MAC?
18) Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
No, I’m out of touch, don’t know MAC.
19) What makeup tools do you use in make – up application?
I apply a minerals powder with kabuki brush.
20) Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Not too much. I have a primer, but don’t often wear eyeshadow.
21) For the face?
22) Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I like the larger crayons. But I have use both pencil and liquids. I like the ease of pencil, but I have better control with liquid. I use the “dot” technique and that works with the liquids.
23) How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Well it happens if I’m in a hurry. I jab myself more with mascara
24) Do you use mineral makeup?
Yes the powders protect from environmental pollution and sun.
25) How about lipgloss?
I apply RF Lip Shield all day and night. (it also contains SPF)
26) What is your favorite blush to use?
My current is Clinique
27) Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
No never have
28) Do you like drugstore makeup?
Don’t usually buy from drugstore, but I use the brands, Maybelline, Revlon, Almay etc.
29) Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
No, I never took a real class. I love the You tube videos that professionals post. My favorites are Wayne Goss and Lisa Eldridge.
30) Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I try to be careful
31) Name a makeup crime that you hate?
I hate it when my mascara flakes on my skin. Oh and when eye liner leaves a blob/dot in the corner of my eye
32) Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I like the color but as I look in my collection, I really have muted shades.
33) If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
34) Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
35) What do you think of Makeup?
I think it can be fun. But I am sorry that our culture has taught us that we are not beautiful unless we have lots on. I don’t like the idea that we have to spend extra time applying make up to “look beautiful”. It drives me crazy that women and are ridiculed because of their appearance.
Rodan + Fields had great success with 2016 #RFgonaked day July 8th. Women all over the US and Canada were make-up free! We are happy with our bare skin.